" Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep insde them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger then the skill."– Muhammad Ali
Mata-Leao Combat Sports is a Mixed Martial Arts training facility located in SE Portland, Oregon. We offer training in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Submission Wrestling and Self-Defense. We have classes for both kids and adults. Our programs and curriculums are ran by highly trained black belts that are extremely passionate in the arts of helping others achieve their goals. Whether on the road to achieving a higher belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or strengthening your overall fitness conditioning, our environment is well suited for your success.
We are located at 1115 SE Stephens st., Portland. The new facility is over 4000 sq. ft. with a large garage door in the main training area, boxing ring, Thai bags, changing room, shower, countless of strength/ conditioning toys and over 2000 sq. ft. of mat space.
Matt Zorn Naturopathic ND
"I have been training at Mata Leao for a year and a half. The instruction is top notch and the head instructor (Omar Santiago) is truly dedicated to the fighting arts. I mostly train BJJ and have fun every tirne I am on the mat. The other students are a great group of guys and girls who are there to team technique and improve their skill. There are competition training classes that prepare us for local and national BJJ and grappling tournaments as well as regular classes that cover basic to more advanced techniques. If you are looking for great place to learn Muay Thai, Brazilian jiu jitsu, or do Strength/ Condifioning training, Mata Leao is the place."
Paul Greenbaum Chiropractor/ Acupuncturist
"I've been training at Mata Leao Combat Sports for almost two years, and have derived incredible benefits of improved strength, speed, and endurance. But words cannot accurately describe such benefits to a 55 year old. One doesn't get old all at once, it happens slowly as hair grays. Slowly is also how people get out of shape, lose muscle tone, and the function of their bodies. When I observe the majority of people my age, 1 consider myself fortunate to be a student at Mata Leao. Through regular training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu one can not only make gains well into their fifties, but literally achieve biological youth: a sense of health, poise, and enough energy to do anything. Training at Ifta-Leao Combat Sports also keeps the mind straight. Our nervous system needs the equivalent of combat to be healthy; combat will discharge stress from the sympathetic nervous system. For this reason a Jiu Jitsu Dojo is a necessary thing in modem society, and Mata Leao Combat Sports is an excellent place to train. The head instructor professor Omar Santiago is top notch, and the students he's attracted are sincere and leave their egos at the door."
Darryl Coppecige Elementary School Teacher
"Omar, our instructor is very professional, knowledgeable and a master at his craft in Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jistu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Fitness Training and Self Defense. The gym provides a welcoming atmosphere where all participants feel supported and can truly enjoy their training. The facilities are spacious, well equipped, and maintained to a high level of cleanliness. Whether you're an experienced martial artist seeking a higher caliber of instruction or someone exploring the martial arts for the first time, I believe your needs will be happily met here at Mata Leao Combat Sports."
Frances Favela Health Educator, OHSU
"I've lost ten pounds, and it's become just fun in general when hanging out with my friends now that i've gained from coming here."
Micheal Childers Engineer
"since i've been here i've lost 35 lbs. and its been the best workout, the best experience I've ever had in my life"
30 DAY FREE TRIAL!
Are you looking for Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Submission Wrestling and Strength/ Conditioning Training for you and/or your kids?
30 DAY FREE TRIAL!
Come down to our gym and try any or all of our programs for 30 DAYS FREE. No gimmicks, No catch, No strings attached. If Jiu Jitsu, Thai Boxing, MMA or Strength and Conditioning aren’t for you, or you don’t like our programs, you can walk away, no questions asked.
Wait, That’s not all! With this offer we will also give you a:
FREE Fitness and Goals Assesment ($50 value)
FREE Private Lesson ($100 value)
FREE T-shirt ($25 value)
FREE DVD ($25 value)
You heard it right ! - over $200 of FREE Bonuses, just for taking advantage of your 30 DAY FREE Trial! All you need to do is fill out the form below and a consultant will be in touch with you to get you started!
100% RISK FREE!
How confident are we? We are so confident that after trying out our programs you will be ready to become a member of our team.
If You’re Still Not Satisfied…
60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
On top of everything, If you decide to join and after 60 days of training you do not see an improvement in your fitness or technique at Mata-Leao Combat Sports, we will give you a full refund. No questions asked!
What sets us apart from the rest --
1) We offer a considerably higher amount of individualized, world-class instruction and personalized services for all levels of experience, from beginners to professionals. ALL of our classes are taught by experienced HIGH LEVEL BELT Instructors, NOT recently belted low-level instructors. Our Instructors are put through rigorous Instructor Training Certifications to make sure that they're just as good as coaching as they are as martial artists.
2) We offer reasonable rates for World Class Training to everyone and Discounted rates for Military, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS and Veterans.
3) We have a World-Class Competition Team that frequents local, national and international competitions in all of the sports that we teach. Including many IBJJF National Tournaments every year.
4) Our Head Instructors constantly travel to Brazil (the birth place of BJJ) and Thailand (the birth place of Muay Thai) to train and compete. We do this to stay up to date with these fast evolving sports. Every year somebody is coming up with something new. Whether its a new move or something having to do with the culture, we want to know about it, train it, live it.
5) We consantly cross-train with other national and International teams to furthur increase our efforts in learning the arts that we train and to emrace new teaching and coaching methods.
6) The head Instructors at the gym are ALWAYS ON THE MAT TRAINING WITH YOU! Yes, our instructors are so passionate about what they do that they actually train on the daily and hourly with YOU the student. Unlinke many other gyms where the instructor will watch (if that) from a distance. We truly love what we do. No amount of money will ever be enough to get us off the mats. Our training and our love for the sport is worth more than gold.
7) We have created the Ultimate Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program and Muay Thai Program for the Pure Beginner. Aside from being surrounded by awsome people on the daily at our gym. The way we have our classes structured is the Cream of our Crop. We run our school like any respectable university runs their programs, with strict curriculums taught by passionate and well trained Certified Instructors. Our beginner's Fundamentals curriculum has been developed to QUICKLY teach brand new students the basics in our sports. Our beginners curriculum GUARANTEES that the student will develop a solid foundation to be able to successfully move on into the more advanced levels in the arts.
Don't forget to get your FREE Instructional videos! Fill out
this simple form below and you'll have Instant Access to:
1) Learn this Basic to Advance Sequence that every fighter and martial artits should know.
2) These moves are lethal, but at the same time.. Easy to do.
3) While these moves are fun to train and apply to a training partner under the supervision of professional instructor... These moves have the power to some day save your life or your loved ones.
You will love being on our mailing list! You can remove yourself at any time.
Please feel free to contact us for a personal consultation on: Telephone: 503-208-3160